Thursday 5 January 2012

Thursday Tea: One Was A Soldier

Thursday Tea

The Book: My current fiction read is a re-read for me: One Was A Soldier by Julia Spencer-Fleming. This book is such a mixture of bitter and sweet, with Clare “not doing well, not doing well at all” at the same time as the romance between her and the Chief having a high point.

The Tea: Raspberry Honey from Tea Hugger. I spent two summers with my friends in Greensboro, NC and on Saturdays we would go to the farmers market and buy fruit and veggies and other locally produced items. While walking around we would sip ice tea from the ladies at Tea Huggers and eat samples. I miss my friends every single day. For Christmas they sent me a care package with different things from the farmers market and one of the items was a tin of my favourite tea, Raspberry Honey. Thanks again Curls!

Do They Go Together? Yes they do, very well. Like the book the tea has a somewhat bitter taste at first, then a smooth sweetness that reminds me of Clare and Russ’s love.

Signature

Copyright ©2012 Zee from Notes from the North. This post was originally posted by Zee from Notes from the North. It should not be reproduced without express written permission.

1 comment:

Anastasia @ Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog said...

Raspberry honey sounds like a delicious tea! Yum.