Saturday 16 January 2010

Help Haiti

Normally this blog is about books. But books aren’t the whole world even if we can see the world through them. Right now on a small island hundreds of thousands of people are fighting for their lives. Please help them!

The best way to help them is to donate money to one of the many organizations that are already in country. My two favourite are:

Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontièrs (link to the US site as most of my visitors come from there but please donate to MSF in your country)

Red Cross (again link to US site)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

We donated to Yele Haiti (I might have mispelled that). I feel so bad about all this. :(

Ana S. said...

Thank you for posting this. I donated a few days ago and will try to do it monthly for the next couple of months. I have no words for how awful this is :(