Monday 23 May 2011

Day 04 – Favourite book of your favourite series

30

So yesterday I cheated a bit and featured two of my favourite series: The Clare Fergusson/Russ Van Alstyne series by Julia Spencer-Fleming and the In Death series by J.D. Robb. Since I have two favourite series I will have to feature two books today, right Winking smile.

Purity in DeathFor In Death I want to feature I book I have yet to review on the blog: Purity in Death. As I said yesterday one of the things I love about these books is the supporting characters and Peabody and McNabb have quite an important role in this book. It also takes up the very important topic of the morality of vigilantly justice as well as the issues regarding innocents getting hurt in cause that some might seem worthy. It is from this discussion that the book derives its title.

This book also features the lovely Troy Trueheart who really reminds me of Kevin Flynn in the Clare/Russ books. Both Truehart and Flynn make me believe that there can be truly good characters in bad worlds.

I shall not wantMy favourite Clare/Russ book is I Shall Not Want. I adore the latest book One Was a Soldier too but I think that I Shall Not Want just beats it. First off it has “those” scenes Winking smile. And then it explores some very important topics such as illegal immigration, grief and guilt. Plus this book has more Kevin than the earlier ones. This book also has some truly laugh out loud moments, I especially love the repartee between Clare and Sister Lucia at the start of the book.

Signature

Copyright ©2011 Zee from Notes from the North. This post was originally posted by Zee from Notes from the North. It should not be reproduced without express written permission.

No comments: