Saturday 21 May 2011

Day 02 – A book that you’ve read more than 3 times

30

Again so very many to choose from. I am a re-reader. One of the reasons I wanted to start this blog was to start reading outside my comfort zone. Before blogging I was reading and re-reading the same books over and over and over again. I still re-read but not quite as much as before. So without further ado, my book that I have read more than 3 times is *drumroll please*

Pawn of prophecyPawn of Prophecy by David Eddings

I could say any of the books in the series, and I will talk about the whole series but I figured I would feature the first book. Pawn of Prophecy was the first book in English from the grown up section of the bookstore I read, or actually had someone read to me. You see the book following this one was the last book my mother ever read out loud to me at bed time. Growing up my parents ALWAYS read to me at bed time. It was a really treasured time for me. I was about 11 when mom started reading Pawn of Prophecy to me and I was hooked. Absolutely hooked. So hooked that I would continue reading after mom had said good night, which was the reason why she stopped reading it out loud to me. I was reading to quickly.

Once I was hooked I re-read the whole series (at the time 10 books now 12) at least once a year, I still read them about once every other year. When I first started reading the books I really identified with the main character, Garion, but as I’ve gotten older I have come to identify more with Ce’Nedra and Polgara. It is a series of books I have been able to grow with.

Signature

Copyright ©2011 Zee from Notes from the North. This post was originally posted by Zee from Notes from the North. It should not be reproduced without express written permission.

1 comment:

Charlie said...

I read the series last year (wanting to read the next now) and enjoyed the mixture of fantasy and comedy, it's just the right mix. I started out preferring Garion too, but Ce'Nedra grew on me and I'm looking forward to reading more about them, they make a funny couple to read about.