Tuesday 6 April 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Anne of the Island

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Anne of the Island

For a few minutes nobody spoke. The girls were too nervous to find words, and neither the ancient ladies nor the china dogs seemed conversationally inclined” (pg70).

From Anne of the Island by L. M. Montgomery

 

 

Signature

Copyright ©2010 Zee from Notes from the North.clip_image001This post was originally posted by Zee from Notes from the North. It should not be reproduced without express written permission.

9 comments:

kayerj said...

I enjoyed reading the "Anne" series. loved your choice of teaser.

Kaye-the road goes ever ever on

Jennifer said...

Beautiful book choice, brilliant teaser. Well done. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/04/teaser-tuesdays-in-shadow-of-cypress.html

Nise' said...

Wonderful teaser. I have not read this series in such a long time!

Amy said...

Great teaser. I haven't read this series since I was a kid! Wonder if my mom still has them...

Lori said...

Cool teaser. I hope that you will enjoy your book. [My Tuesday Teaser]

Alayne said...

I also love the Anne series and have been thinking of re-reading them again. Nice teaser. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

jlshall said...

Very nice. I've read bits of the first of the Anne books, but never looked at any of the rest of the series. They do sound intriguing, though. Excellent teaser!
Here's mine

Eva said...

Oh! I know just what scene that Teaser is from. :D I love Anne!

Zee said...

To all of you thinking of reading Anne or if you haven't read her yet I say "Go! Read!". I am almost jealous of those of you who have never read Anne. To read it for the first time?! Wow! :D