1. Favorite childhood book?
Sagan om den lilla lilla gumman (The Story of the Little Old Lady) by Elsa Beskow and Kajsa Kavat by Astrid Lindgren
2. What are you reading right now?
Have His Carcase by Dorothy Sayers (almost done) and listening to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling, narrated by Stephen Fry (last chapter).
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
Some books for school
4. Bad book habit?
I put my book down open
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
6. Do you have an e-reader?
Nope, but I do have Kindle for PC
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
Several at once
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
Yes, I read more new to me books
9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
Emma by Jane Austen
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop by Lewis Buzbee
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
Not as often as I should
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
classics and crime fiction
13. Can you read on the bus?
Yep. Did it today
14. Favorite place to read?
15. What is your policy on book lending?
I always want to share my books
16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
18. Not even with text books?
19. What is your favorite language to read in?
20. What makes you love a book?
The characters or the setting
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
22. Favorite genre?
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
Dalai Lama’s Freedom in Exile
25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
26. Favorite cookbook?
Anything by Jamie Oliver
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
28. Favorite reading snack?
Nuts and a cup of tea
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
Can’t think of one, but I did have issues with books assigned in school
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
I actually rarely read critics…shhhhh
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
It’s helpful too
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
I’d like to be able to read in Latin and French
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
War and Peace by Tolstoy, oh wait I haven’t read that yet ;)
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
35. Favorite Poet?
Christina Rosetti and Karin Boye
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
I rarely use the library for anything other than school. Although if I move to Stockholm that would change (post to come, I have a BAD case of library envy)
37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
38. Favorite fictional character?
39. Favorite fictional villain?
Snape…although he isn’t really one is he
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
Brain candy books
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
ummm…I’m always reading
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
For Whom The Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway but don’t tell my high school English teacher that :D
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
It depends on the book
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie with Dame Maggie Smith
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
The Harry Potter films
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
Taking the fifth here
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
Often, but I am trying to break the habit for fiction and do it more for non-fiction
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
Bad writing and characters doing things out of character
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
I’m a book hoarder
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
War and Peace by Tolstoy
52. Name a book that made you angry.
I haven’t read them but the books by the Pearls make me angry just thinking they exist
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
I was a bit sceptical when my mum suggested the In Death books
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky sadly, but I want to try and different translation
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
In Death series
To those of you wondering if there will ever again be a review of a book on this blog, the answer is yes. Tomorrow there will be a review. And on Monday :D I’ve just gotten a bit behind on my reading but now I’m back in full swing again.