Tuesday 20 October 2009

Teaser Tuesday: Castle of Wizardry



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser:
Protected by the slope and faintly warmed by the winter sun, the flower that had never existed before swelled with silent, vegetative ecstasy and bore its fruit. A tiny seed pod at its heart opened, scattering infinitesimal seeds that sifted down to the frozen earth through the stalks of winter grass, and there they lay, awaiting spring.
 From Castle of Wizardry by David Eddings  pg 100

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh , what wonderful description!!!

here is mine:
http://sumanam.wordpress.com/2009/10/21/490/

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Wow! What a mouthful of beautiful words in just two sentences.

BTW, my grandparents grew up in Sweden.

My teaser is here:

http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com

Zee said...

Thank you both for visiting!

I have loved that particular passage since I read the book for the first time and so when I read it again I knew it had to be my teaser. It is so very evocative I had to share it.

Christina said...

Ah. I remember this part. :-D Great tease!