Tuesday 21 December 2010

Challenge Sign-Up Post: South Asian Author Challenge 2011

SAC2011-1

I really enjoyed the South Asian Author Challenge this year and when I heard that it was making a return this year I knew I had to join in. Like 2010 I am aiming for three books and I’ve already picked them.

The Dowry Bride by Shobhan Bantwal I read and enjoyed The Forbidden Daughter by Bantwal for the 2010 challenge and I really wanted to try another book by the same author.

Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri I’ve read two of Lahiri’s other books: Interpreter of Maladies and The Namesake. I really enjoyed Interpreter of Maladies (pre-blogging) but was less impressed with The Namesake. When I reviewed The Namesake many told me that Unaccustomed Earth was much closer to Interpreter and I am really excited about reading it.

Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda I keep coming across positive reviews of this book and it sounds fabulous so I am excited about trying it.

Signature

Copyright ©2010 Zee from Notes from the North. This post was originally posted by Zee from Notes from the North. It should not be reproduced without express written permission.

1 comment:

Anamika said...

I have read 'Interpreter' and 'Namesake' and like you, I too liked the former better. I tried 'Unaccustomed earth' and while people said it is similar to 'Interpreter', I didn't find it to be true. The short stories in the first book were much more vibrant compared to her latest. I couldn't even finish the book.

Can I suggest a book for this challenge? Read 'The Animal People' by Indra Sinha if you haven't read already. Here is my review in case you are interested: http://mybookshelf.wordpress.com/2008/03/12/animals-people-indra-sinha/