Wednesday 4 November 2009

A Book Isn't Just For Christmas, It's For Life



I think I have said this before, I come from a long line of readers. I can't think of anyone in the family who isn't a reader. What we read varies but I think most of my family members consider curling up with a book to be time well spent. Because of this I grew up in a house that was filled with books. A house were books were not only given as gifts on important occasions but where books were considered an every day treat, or actually an everyday necessity. Books were always coming into the house. I want to pass this on to the children in my life and therefore I often, if not always give the gift of books. Because of my love of reading and the constant supply of books in my life I think it is incredibly important to give books and to support efforts such as Buy Books For The Holidays. By supporting efforts like this and increasing the awareness of literacy issues we build a better world. In today's modern world not being able to read is a real handicap. Please support reading!!

If you look in my sidebar under the Buy Books For The Holidays Button you will see a widget with my recent purchases for the kids in my life. All of these books are funny and sweet and well loved from my own childhood. All the things I want to share with those who are important in my life. 

2 comments:

kayerj said...

what a great idea

Kristen M. said...

I think this is a great initiative!