Monday 2 November 2009

Musing Mondays: Social Reading


Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by Rebecca at Just One More Page


Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about social reading… 

How much of your reading do you share with others (outside of blogging?) Do you belong to a book or library club? Do you trade books with friends? Do you tell others what you’re reading? 

I don't currently belong to a book club. I would love to but I haven't found one here in the back and beyond. I do tend to recommend books to friends if I think they will enjoy them. I have a friend who I often discuss books with. We have a lot of the same tastes and we enjoy discussing books. Shame she lives in Australia. I also talk to people about books at work sometimes. It was my mentor who insisted that I read Khaled Hosseini that I downloaded from Audible the other week. I think if this was a permanent position I could probably get more involved with book discussions there, but since it is just part of my education I feel slightly on the sides (and I prefer it that way). One of the reasons I like the bookblogger community is that I can discuss books with others. 

We do sometimes discuss the books we read at home. We read some of the same books, right now J. D. Robbs in Death series. It was my mum who got me started reading those books. 

2 comments:

kayerj said...

I like how you described where you lived--the back and beyond. It's fun to be able to share books isn't it. If you want to wander down my road I’m home.

Nise' said...

I like the "In Death" series, but don' have any family/friends that read it.