Tuesday 24 November 2009

What’s On Your Nightstand: December

What's On Your Nightstand

Cranford Cranford & Other Stories by Elizabeth C. Gaskell. I’m reading this for the Classic Circuit. It is stopping by my blog on December 18th.












yearoflivingbiblically The Year of Living Biblically by A. J. Jacobs. This is the last of my books for the Fall Into Reading Challenge. I picked it up over the summer at Malaprop’s Bookstore in Asheville, NC. I loved that bookstore. It is an amazing Indie bookstore.














mansomhatar Män som hatar kvinnor (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) by Stieg Larsson. I’m reading this in Swedish because for years I have been saying that whenever possible you should read a book in the language it was actually written. I completely missed the hype when these books came out in Sweden because I was living in the UK. Then I missed they hype in the UK because I moved back to Sweden. I thought it was time.









Hogfather by Terry Pratchett. I'm reading this one because I wanted to read it for the holidays. Now I am also reading it for the 2009 Holiday Reading Challenge. I might also watch the movie version.














I will be reading other books in December as well. I just haven’t quite decided which ones yet. I want to keep it a bit loose. I will be off over Christmas and I might get loads of reading done. Or I might not get any. I don’t want to stress about it so…

3 comments:

morninglight mama said...

I was intrigued by The Year of Living Biblically, even though I'm not a religious person. It's on my TBR list for 'someday.' :)

Happy reading--

Zee said...

I'm not a religious person either but religion fascinates me.

Happy reading to you too.

bekahcubed said...

I like your attitude toward reading this month--keeping loose. I generally get too ambitious and end up being disappointed.

I enjoyed The Year of Living Biblically. I could be called a "religious person" but it was interesting to see the Bible from a completely different perspective.