Thursday 26 November 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Thankful for Books

btt2

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme. Join in the fun

It’s Thanksgiving in the U.S.A. today, so I know at least some of you are going to be as busy with turkey and family as I will be, so this week’s question is a simple one:

What books and authors are you particularly thankful for this year?

 

I am thankful for new books by old authors and for some of my old favourite books.

 

New books by old favourite authors is The Giver by Lois Lowry. I read Number the Stars when I was in middle school and it was a favourite (I think I had it out of the library more than it was in). I had however never read The Giver before. I listened to it as an audio book and it was such a great read I just wanted to listen to it again.

 

Old favourite authors whom I continue being thankful for are Anne McCaffrey, David Eddings and J.D. Robb. David Eddings passed away during the summer and I will forever be thankful for his Belgariad and Mallorean series as my first introduction to “grown-up” books. Anne McCaffrey’s Pern series continues to be one of my go to comfort books. J. D. Robb continues to write books that never fail to entertain me. They are also books I can share with my family.

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Have never read any of your authors. I'll have to check them out! Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2009/11/booking-through-thursday_26.html