Tuesday 3 November 2009

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser: 

Soon grandfather returned, bringing with him Anton Jelinek, and that important person, the coroner. He was a mild, flurried old man, a Civil War veteran, with one sleeve hanging empty. He seemed to find this case very perplexing, and said if it had not been for grandfather he would have sworn out a warrant against Krajinek. (pg 70)
My Antonia by Willa Cather

I cheated and used three sentences.

12 comments:

Marg said...

I cheat some times too!

Makes me wonder who died and why the case was so perplexing!

I have two teasers this week.

Amy said...

Great teaser. I haven't read My Antonia in years...

FleurFisher said...

A wonderful book - thank you for the reminder!

JoAnn said...

A lovely book!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Very descriptive...I can now visualize the old coroner!

My tease is here:

http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/2009/11/tuesday-teasers.html

Calico Crazy said...

I cheated today as well, sometimes cheating is fun.

Great descriptive teaser, I've heard good things about this book.

My teaser is up here.

Ali said...

I think this is the most intriguing teaser I have read today. I remember reading this in high school and liking it. I should probably give it another go.

Amy said...

Hooray! This is one of my all-time favorite books. Can't wait for your review.

kayerj said...

I cheat all the time! I like to pick my teasers so sometimes I use more than the allowed two. It was a good teaser, a civil war veteren, and a coroner with one arm? How does he perform an autopsy? If you want to wander down my road I’m home.

CeeCee said...

I cheat too. Sometimes two isn't enough. Great teaser!

Allie ~ Hist-Fic Chick said...

I cheat almost every week (including this week!). No worries, your teaser is very interesting, two sentences would not have been enough! :)

Here's mine, from Hilary Mantel's WOLF HALL.

Lisa said...

An excellent teaser from a real classic.

My teaser is here.